This Applied Behavior Analysis Certificate – ABA is a two-day certificate course that provides a strong foundation for the delivery of high quality ABA-based services, and how to manage anxiety disorders in clients diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder – ASD. Upon completion of this course participants will have a thorough understanding of the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) and will be able to use these principles effectively during the delivery of ABA services and how to manage anxiety behaviors in The course content will focus on skill building and supporting positive behaviors.
At the conclusion of these participants will be able to:
- Describe and define Applied Behavior Analysis ABA, Autism and ASD disorders
- Use a variety of data collection techniques and identify the most appropriate for each situation
- Describe and use learning teaching techniques including prompting, shaping, chaining and reinforcement
- Describe and use prompting procedures and reinforces when teaching new skills and replacing maladaptive behaviors
- Describe and use techniques to maintain learned skills
This session also includes group activities to give participants the opportunity to apply their learning and practice using the ABA techniques discussed in the course.
This course will teach you skills in learning about the impact of mild to severe anxiety in the daily lives of individuals with Asperger’s or an Autism Spectrum Disorder. This training will include examples of indicators of anxiety; assessment tools; and effective interventions that may decrease anxiety and emotion and enhance self-regulation.
- Define anxiety as a mental state and as a diagnosis
- Identify potential causes of anxiety for individuals with ASD
- Explain how assessment tools are used to identify anxiety triggers
- Be able to develop an intervention plan based on anxiety assessment tools
Course is open to anyone working with clients diagnose with Autism or Autism Spectrum disorders.
Course is tax deductible
A Certificate will be awarded upon completions of this course