The Personal Support Workers (PSW) online hybrid course is open to anyone who enjoys working in the caring field. This course takes place online for theory, onsite for the lab practice, and for the clinical placement in a long term care setting such as a nursing home and retirement home or community setting.
PSW’s are important members of the healthcare team who assist persons with the tasks such as activities of daily living including home management, personal care, family responsibilities, and social and recreational activities through a holistic approach. As a PSW, you will work with nurses and other healthcare professionals, assisting them with patient care. The PSW is also a vital part of community health care and often the person who really makes someone’s day when they need a smile or need companionship..
The Personal Support Worker certificate online hybrid program is 40 week.
Program will give you the skills you need to get into the workforce as a Personal Support Worker. You can complete the course at your own pace and you will have 24/7 course access.
Course content follows the most current and relevant trends in professional practice.
Course follow Ministry of Training Colleges and Universities Personal Support Worker Standards MTCU PSW program standards. During this program, you will take courses in supportive environment.
- Support care role of the PSW
- Assessment of Client Needs
- Helping relationship with clients and family
- Implementation of Care Plans
- Communication Skills
- Safety in the Work place
- Household Management and meal preparation
- Assisiting clients with mobility and personal care
- Anatomy and physiology
- Caring for clients with cognitive and physical impairment
- Assiting with Medications
- Job search
For the lab component student will be expected to come into the school to practice skills learned from theory learned.
Student will be expected to complete a community clinical placement and an institutional placement in a nursing home.
- Program theory is all online
- access the course 24/7 from anywhere
- Includes in-the-field training to get the hands-on, practical experience you need.
- Meets all guidelines set by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care and MTCU PSW program standards.
Course is tax deductible and a certificate is awarded upon completion of this program.