The Motivational Interviewing and Assertiveness Training Certificate is a 2 day course that addresses the capacity to express your thoughts and needs in an open and honest way. Some people may find this challenging due to anxiety, social phobia, a natural shyness, or low self-esteem. With understanding and practice to cope with behavior they will achieve the desired results.
The Motivational and Assertiveness Certificate course is hands-on onsite, carried out in a non judgment environment, you will learn tools and techniques to help differentiate assertive behavior from aggressive and passive behaviors, and transform the latter into assertiveness. Participants will learn the difference between self-confidence and self-esteem, two concepts at the core of assertiveness. The workshop will also provide ways to become more assertive in various situations, including how to enter an ongoing discussion or conversation, and explore techniques to better structure messages whether they are positive or negative.
Motivational techniques will be thought including confronting your fear, effective communication and verbal and nonverbal communication.
Course includes case studies; the participants will have the opportunity to apply what they’ve learned. After attending this workshop, participants will display more assertive behavior and renewed self-confidence, which will lead to enhanced relationships in both the workplace and their personal lives.
- Identifying Anxious behaviors
- Look at Self esteem and factors or low self esteem
- Identify the fundamentals of assertive behavior
- Distinguishing assertiveness from aggressive and passive behaviors
- Identifying the underlying reasons for unassertive behaviors
- Exploring ways to improve self-confidence
- Public speaking and motivational speaking
- Developing strategies to ‘speak up’ in groups
- Structuring and delivering assertive messages
- Learning to say no when needed
This course will not require you to have previous experience in any particular area but you should have a high school reading level. No books will be required.
All course materials are provided in this class. There is no need to buy additional resources.
A certificate will be providing upon completion of this course.