Reflexology Certificate Course Online
Reflexology Certificate course online is open to any medical or non-medical persons who would like to gain increase understanding of the use of reflexology. Originally called zone therapy, method of stimulating life force through applied pressure with the finger and thumbs on reflex point located on the feet, hands and ears. The theory behind reflexology is that these areas correspond to organs and systems of the body. Proponents believe that pressure when applied to these areas affect the organs and benefits the persons health and overall wellbeing.
Pre requisite: Hepatitis B vaccine, knowledge of Anatomy and Physiology, Criminal reference check, Competence in reading and writing English, Able to use a computer. .
Course content includes:
- Discuss Bones of the feet.
- Theories and the practice of foot reflexology
- What reflexology is and how it works
- Identify the 10 zones and the horizontal landmarks of the feet. Locate all the reflex points on the feet and ankles.
- Mapping the feet
- Prepare for treatment and consultation.
- Treatment techniques used in foot reflexology
- Explain the treatment guidelines,
- Contraindications, and precautions used in foot reflexology.
- Perform a reflexology treatment
- Infection control
- Treatment procedures for various organ
- Completion of treatment and adaptation of treatment
- What a client might experience during a foot reflexology session.
- Inform consent, initial consult consent treatment form, health record form for case studies
Course duration is 16 weeks online
Students will be expected to complete a research paper, a total of 20 hands on case studies that you will find on your own.
Upon completion of passing the case studies, research paper and final exam with a passing grade of 70% the student will receive a Certificate in Reflexology.
Course is tax deductible, certified foot care nurses will receive a 10% tuition fee discount for this course.
For nurses this course is reimbursable for up to $1500. Form your nursing association.
Course accredited by National Association of Holistic Health Practitioners