Counseling Psychotherapy Diploma online is a flexible and convenient online hybrid course. If you like working with people and helping others overcome their problems, our enjoy providing Counseling and Psychotherapy support to others then this course could provide the stimulus you require.
Many people today need Counseling and psychotherapy to help them cope with problems such as Depression, Anxiety, Addictions, Eating disorder, Addiction, Anxiety, Stress, Divorce, Sexual Orientation, Anger to name but a few.
This online learning course will provide you with an excellent foundation in becoming a qualified Counselor or Psychotherapist. It will provide you with the theoretical knowledge of Counseling and Psychotherapy, and examine the theories and strategies to enable you to prepare for the practical aspects of being a counselor or psychotherapist. The course also deals with the practical aspects of being a psychotherapist to ensure you are operating within professional guidelines.
Course duration 2 years from course start date and after log on access is issued.
Program duration 1000 Hours
The program requires 450 hours of practical /internship.
Counselors work in clinics, hospitals, group homes, public and private agencies, private practice, schools and college settings.
Prerequisite: Grade 12 English or equivalent, able to read and write English, criminal reference check-able to operate a computer. Undergraduate bachelor degree preferred, Prior learning assessment will be granted for those who qualify.”
This program is open to anyone who would like to increase and enhance their knowledge and skills in providing counseling and psychotherapy, and psychological support to individual, groups, couples, or children in any mental health related settings. This online program is aligned with the standards of the College of Registered Psychotherapist of Ontario.
Upon completion and passing the online theory, clinical practice and passing the online competency exam the student will be awarded the Diploma id Counselling Psychotherapy
This program includes a total of 450 clock hours of supervised practicum experience.
The practicum and related course build upon the theoretical and practical knowledge acquired in the previous courses. At the end of this seminar, students will be able to:
- Integrate counseling theory, research literature, and practice in case conceptualization, planning, and implementation of counseling interventions
- Demonstrate an acceptable level of proficiency in interviewing and counseling skills
- Reconstruct the counseling process for one or more counseling clients, using case studies and audio/video tapes
- Self-evaluate levels of counseling competency
- Formulate self-directed learning goals and strategies for ongoing professional development, based on analysis of appropriate self-assessment
- Summarize counseling process and client progress in interim and final reports.
Students enrolled in the Counselling program are evaluated on an ongoing basis. The purpose of the Course Evaluations is to assess the student’s psychological health and to identify any potential encumbrances or impairments that may prevent a student’s successful completion of the program of study in counselling and their ultimate professional practice.
- Satisfactory completion of all practical and supervised experience — to the satisfaction of both the Supervisor and the Program Director.
- Satisfactory indication that the counselling theory and skills have been adequately understood and practiced.
- Upon completion of passing the theory, end of module test with a passing grade of 70%, case studies, and clinical placements. The student will receive a diploma in counseling psychotherapy.
Contact us by filling out the form or contact us