Foot care Nurse Certification
Foot care Nurse Certification is a voluntary, credential for nurse practitioners, registered nurses, registered practical nurses, and license practical nurses who meet specific nursing practice criteria for Basic and Advanced Nursing Foot care, continuous learning and exam-based testing requirements. The credential, which must be renewed every 2 years, confirms that an RN, NP, RPN, LPN, has demonstrated competence in a Basic and Advanced nursing Foot care and having met Nursing Foot care competencies and standards.
Benefits of certification
- Your Foot care Nurse Certification credential indicates to your peers, patients, employers, and to the public that you are qualified, competent and current in a providing Basic and Advanced Nursing Foot care to clients and patients in various settings.
- Preparing for the certification exam ensures your specialized knowledge and skills are current and comprehensive.
- Renewing your certification through continuous learning ensures you stay current with best practice and guideline in your practice as a Certified Foot care Nurse. .
- Having a trademarked certification credential after your name validates your competency in your area of nursing practice.
- It validates and confirms your knowledge and skill levels in your practice as a Certified Foot care Nurse.
- Greater respect among your peers.
- Greater job opportunities, as some employers list certification as a preferred qualification.
- Career advancement and increased responsibilities
- Potential for salary differentials and reimbursement of certification exam costs
- Formal recognition in the workplace
- Opportunity to participate in exam development activities and act as a certification mentor to share your knowledge with the next generation of Certified Foot care Nurses
Meeting national standards of excellence
Certification represents a commitment to being involved in the changing role of the Foot care nurse in treatment and health-care standards. Nurses who achieve certification commit to a national foot care standard of professional competence that demonstrates their understanding of Basic and Advanced foot care in area of nursing practice.
Foot care certification also supports and gives national scope to continuing competence in basic and advanced Nursing foot care.
Application of Foot care Certification
- You must be a registered nurse with current registration license in Canada as a RN, NP, RPN or LPN.
- Must be a member of RNAO, RPNAO, LPNA and membership with CNA if you are Registered Nurse only
- You must have successfully completed a Basic and Advanced Nursing Foot care nursing program which incorporates the Basic and Advanced Nursing foot care competencies.
- Copy of your certificate of attendance
- Nursing Foot care Program must have a minimum 35 hours theory and minimum 50 hours practical experience.
- Endorsement or verification letter of your experience as a foot care nurse.
- Proof of practicing basis and advanced nursing foot care practical or clinical practice to a minimum of 50 hours. If working in private practice or working in the community.
With your application after submitting the online form, please send via registered mail a copy of your Endorsement and Verification letter of Experience as a Foot care nurse, proof of membership with your nursing associations where applicable with payment of fee by certified cheque made out to Foot care Nurse Certification Board to the amount of $350. Plus $20 for shipping and handling of certificate and pin Payment may also be done by credit card.
Upon approval of your application you will be given the opportunity to take the Timed Advanced Nursing Foot care Certification Online Exam. Exam duration is 40 minutes; the pass mark is 70%.
If unsuccessful with the exam you will have the opportunity to retake the exam 2 weeks later or at a later date at a cost of $150.
If successful with the exam the nurse will be awarded the Advanced Nursing Foot care Certificate with pin
Certification duration is 2 years
Recertification can be maintained by providing proof of continued education credit to the amount of 8 hours.
Proof of practicing as a Foot care nurse in any community settings
Continue Education include: Attendance of continued learning regarding nursing Foot care education, attending workshop, mentorship of foot care nurse, learning current best practice related to any foot care related issues.
Payment fee for recertification is $200,
For nurses who does not meets current practice guideline; At a cost, will have the opportunity to upgrade skills by taken the Advanced Nursing Foot care course in class, Online or by partnering with a Foot care nurse Mentor in their community in practicing skills that will bring them up to current nursing Foot care practice standards.
Upgrade can be done on a case-by-case basis.
Upon receipt of your application and fee, you will be contacted regarding examination date.
Please Submit your application and payment to Foot care Nurse Certification Board
Please contact us if you have further questions please submit your questions via filling out the forms