Personal Support Worker Pharmacology Certificate Online
The Personal Support Worker Pharmacology certificate is designed for Personal Support Workers (PSW) employed in Long Term Care facilities, hospitals, and home care/community settings. The focus of this course is on the general principles of medication administration. Topics covered includes; current drug legislation, methods of safe medication administration; common drug interactions and reactions; and classifications of medication theoretical foundation and accurate knowledge on different actions and side effects of various medications that the PSW may administer.
At the end of this lesson, you will be able to:
- Identify OSHA standards regarding needle sticks
- Identify potential causes of medication errors and guidelines for reducing errors
- Define vocabulary terms related to medication administration
- Identify the rights of medication administration
- Recognize methods, equipment, and documentation procedures for medication administration
- Administer medications by oral, sublingual, and, buccal methods using the proper procedure, equipment, and supplies
- Learn skills on how to properly administer different medications through particular routes including oral (pills/liquid), nose drops, eye drops, ear drops, suppositories, topical, transdermal.
This course is offered over 2 days or 1 full weekend Saturday and Sunday, or it can be completed over a 3 week period online
Pre requisite: Hepatitis B vaccine , Criminal reference check, TB skin test and proof of a certificate in Personal support worker certificate from a community college of registered private career college.
To contact us:
Please submit form below, and or call us at 905-451-1555 or 905-965-1966