The Advanced Medical Aesthetic Certificate
The Advanced medical aesthetic certificate course includes: The Botulinum Toxins, Botox®, Dermal Filler, Cosmetic laser, Chemical peel and Microdermabrasion certificate. This course is open to Registered Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, Registered Practical Nurses, License Practical Nurses, Respiratory therapist and Medical Doctors.
The duration of this course is 3 months online and includes an onsite 1day onsite hands on practical. Or can be completed over 4 full days in the class including hands on practical.
There will be 24/7 access to training course materials, as well as continued access to course materials for 3 months from your course start date including; complete clear descriptions and rationales for injection placement for facial , with high-quality videos demonstrating the techniques of injection and treatment with laser, chemical peel and microdermabrasion.
Botulinum Toxin Course Outline
- Therapeutic Uses of the Botulinum Toxins Botox®, Nuceiva®, Xeomin®, and Dysport®.
- History of Cosmetic Botulinum Toxin.
- Facial anatomy, including, muscles, artery, veins, and fat compartment of the face. Consents, patient assessment, role of medical director, scope of practice for each health care practitioner and understand the rules and guidelines for delegation.
- Basic Science of BOTOX® Cosmetic
- Dysport /AbobotulinumtoxinA:
- Basic Science: Xeomin®
- Comparison of Botulinum Toxins
- Reconstitution and Dilution
- Modulation of Eyebrow Position and Shape by Treatment with Neuromodulators/ Botulinum Toxins
- Frontalis and Horizontal Forehead Line
- Treatment of Crow’s Feet
- Infraorbital/Upper and Lower Eyelids
- Treatment of the Midface with Botulinum Toxin
- Orbicularis Oris, Mentalis, and Depressor Anguli Oris
- Platysma, Nefertiti Lift®
- The Masseters and their Treatment with Botulinum Toxin including Asian and Darker Skin Types
- Combination Noninvasive Facial Aesthetic Treatments with Botulinum Toxin Type A s
- Preventing and managing complication such as Ptosis
The Dermal Filler Course Outline
- Introduction to dermal Fillers, consent
- Facial Attractiveness and the Central Role of Volume
- Non-Permanent Fillers such as; Juvéderm Family, Belotero and Teosyal, Radiesse and Radiesse with Lidocaine, Poly-l-Lactic Acid , Restylane /Emervel Family, and Chroma Family
- Nasiolabial Fold, Cheeks, Chin Mandibular Filling, Vermillion borders, Framing the Lips, Lip Augmentation, Tower Technique of Filler Injection
- Reversers , Combinations , Legal Aspects of Soft Tissue Filler Treatments, importance of Pretreatment and Post treatment Photography
- How to Manage Complications including; Complications of Temporary Fillers, what to do in the event of Vascular Compromise, Tyndale effect, and hematoma.
Chemical Peels and Micro Dermabrasion
Upon completing the Chemical Peels Training course, the participant should show proficiency in:
- Describing the anatomy, physiology, and pathophysiology of aging skin.
- Identifying differences and similarities of various chemical peels.
- Various indications, side effects, and contraindications of chemical peels.
- The Fitzpatrick Skin Classifications.
- Determining which chemical peel is best for the client
- How to combine chemical peels with other aesthetic procedure to enhance results.
- How to treat melisma, acne scars, photo-aged skin, post inflammator, hyperpigmentation, and acne breakouts.
- Listing safety issues, complications, assessing indications and contraindications for treatment, and proper treatment protocols.
- One of the most requested procedures and continues to grow year after year.
- A must for a successful medical spa.
- Used in anti-aging procedures for its effectiveness and side effects.
- Used in treating various skin disorders.
- Live, hands-on demonstration
Cosmetic Laser Certificate
This 1 day hands on laser training includes all necessary training to safely and effectively perform laser treatment, and the use of the intense pulse light laser system - IPL in treating various hair and skin disorders including laser hair removal, acne treatment, pigmented and vascular lesions.
Student will learn and gain hands on experience in operating the IPL laser machine safely when performing various skin care treatments. Including skin rejuvenation, laser hair removal, pigmented lesions, vascular treatments and acne treatment.
This course is open to: nurses, registered practical nurses and physicians only who are interested in learning about lasers and using intense pulse light laser - IPL laser as a treatment tool in their skin care practice.
Upon passing the theory, practice and online exam students will receive a tuition tax receipt and The Advanced Medical Aesthetic Certificate.
Please contact us by filling out the contact us form or call us at 905-452-8139